Kim St. Jean and Creative Adventures Tours invite you to
an Outlander Themed Tour of Scotland!
An Outlandish Jewels Tour
August 31 – September 8, 2019
If you are a fan of Kim St. Jean, or a fan of the Outlander books and TV series, or have always wanted to go to Scotland here’s your chance.
Spend 7 wistful days traveling with Kim and our Scottish guide as you visit favorite historical sites from the book and movie shooting locations from the Starz TV series. Then spend your evenings taking classes with Kim or exploring the cities and pubs of Edinburgh, Inverness, Ft William & Glasgow.
Your Tour Includes:
- Pollock House
- Glasgow National Piping Centre Bagpiper performance
- Glencoe Photo Op
- Glenfinnian Monument and Viaduct Photo Op
- Loch Ness Cruise
- Urquhart Castle
- Culloden Battlefield
- Clava Cairns ie. Craigh na Dun
- Newtonmore Highland Folk Museum
- Drive through Ciangorms National Park
- Royal Burgh of Culross
- Edinburgh Castle
- Holyrood Palace
- Midhope Castle ie. Lallybroch
- Blackness Castle ie. Fort William
- Linlithgow Palace – birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots
- 3 classes with Kim including “His Mother’s Pearls” and “The Wedding Ring” – kits included
- Luxury Motor Coach transportation
- Hotel accommodations at 3 & 4 star hotels
- 9 meals including 7 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- Entrance to all listed locations
- Touring in each town we visit
- Scottish Guide
- Creative Adventures Tour Escort
- This tour includes 3 evening classes of approximately 2.5 – 3 hrs length each.
- All materials & gas are included in your tour cost. Buy or bring your own torch. Must be compatible with ______ gas. Can be ordered on Amazon here______.
- Projects can be completed in class.
- 2 classes are metal working classes using a small torch, like for Crème brûlée and 1 is a leather working class.
- Leather-working tools _____________
- Never done this before and want to give it a go? Good news! All classes are appropriate for all levels including complete beginners.
Kim is a former public school teacher who now combines her love of teaching with her creative talent as a jewelry maker. For over 15 years, she has been teaching metalsmithing and other jewelry-making techniques at venues such as the William Holland School of Lapidary Arts, the Bead & Button® Show, Bead Fest, and Swarovski’s ‘Create Your Style’ in Tucson. She and her husband, Norm, have a studio near Myrtle Beach, where they teach when not traveling. Kim’s first book, “Mixed Metal Mania,” was published in 2011 by Kalmbach Publishing, and her second, “Metal Magic,” was published in 2012.
Claire’s Wedding Band – Make your own version of the ring Jamie gave to Claire on their wedding day – the silver band she wears on the opposite hand from Frank’s gold band.
Jamie’s Sporan – Scotland was the inventor of the fanny pack. Make your own small leather pouch to hold your ring and Kilt Pin.
Jamie’s Kilt Pin – No tartan plaid would be complete without a kilt pin. Yours will remind you of your amazing adventure in Scotland.
REGISTRATION, GROUP AIR & DISCOUNTS
What is dynamic pricing? As more people get on board a tour, the fixed costs of the tour are spread out. Dynamic pricing allows us to pass those savings on to you in the form of a discount. The incentive to you is to invite your friends, because once we hit 20 paid guest EVERYONE saves $100. But wait! There’s more! At 25 paid guests EVERYONE saves $200! This is in addition to Early Bird and N0-classes discounts. (Discounts will be applied to all accounts and you will be notified once registrations reach indicated levels.)
- For up to 19 registered guests – $2499 per person double occupancy; $775 single supplement.
- For 20-24 registered guests – $2399 per person double
- For 25 or more registered guests – $2299 per person double
*(Please note, the tour prices are for land only and do not include airfare. See air information below.)
DISCOUNTS & DEPOSITS:
- $100 No-Classes Discount – Not taking Kim’s classes? We’ll deduct the kit and class fee. (Discount will be applied after registration)
- $50 Early Bird Discount – Register by Feb 15, 2019 and save an additional $50. Use promo code EARLYBIRD
- $300 fully refundable* deposit per person reserves your spot on the tour. *(Deposit is refundable until April 15, 2019)
- $400 reserves your space on Group Air**. (Please note: $150 of group air payment is non-refundable.)
Group Air**: $852 per person round trip
American Airlines from New York
Aug 31 – Depart JFK for overnight flight to Glasgow
Sep 8 – Depart Edinburgh for return flight to JFK
**Group air is optional. You are welcome to book your own air from anywhere in the world. Or ask us to book it for you.
Want to fly from your hometown and connect to our group air? Ask about a deviation. (Deviations cannot be guaranteed and are subject to airline availability and additional charge from your home airport.)
$400 reserves your space on Group Air. (Please note: $150 of group air payment is non-refundable.)
- We happily accept all major credit cards and electronic checks. (Applicable credit card fee. Save with echeck.)
- To pay by check mail to:
P.O. Box 1255
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Non-Group Air Guests
- You may book your own air from anywhere in the world. You should choose a flight that arrives on the morning of Sep 1 or earlier. Once your air is booked, please send us your airline, flight number and arrival time so we can arrange for your airport transfer.
- Want help booking your air? A member of our staff would be happy to research and book a flight for you. We carefully research travel times, departure and arrival times, best rates and trusted airlines to give you a custom choice that suits your preferred level of travel. Fee – $100 per person for international flight.
Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime chance to see
Scotland with Kim St. Jean on this Outlandish Tour!
Space is limited. Sign up today!
Disclaimers, Legal Notices, Passports & Other Important things to know before you travel!
Notes about Walking, Bus Travel and Accommodations:
- WALKING: There will be a moderate amount of walking on this tour and many of the streets and sidewalks are cobblestone. Castles and other buildings in Scotland are centuries old and there are no “accessibility” laws there. Some buildings we tour will have stairs only, and hills or inclines to get up to them, no elevators, and sometimes no handrails. While this tour is suitable for someone with moderate mobility issues, we recommend traveling with a companion. Ability to board a motor coach bus, and with the understanding that some sites may not be handicapped accessible is required. Stability devices are encouraged. We recommend comfortable, solid-soled hiking-style shoes. If you are unsure if this is for you, please call us to discuss your options.
- BUSES: The #1 comment we hear about tours in Scotland is about the amount of time spent on the bus. While Scotland is not a huge country, it does take time to get you from one iconic location to the next, and some of the panoramic vistas can only be taken in by driving them. This tour will include bus time of up to 3-4 hours on some days (broken into segments) on a bus.
- HOTELS: Beds in Scotland are different than in the US. They are often two single beds moved together to form a double or pulled apart for a twin room. Single rooms could be either a double bed or a single bed.
- Not all of our hotels have air conditioning. Temperatures in September rarely get above 65 degrees and at night can drop into the 40’s. You may have to open a window. That’s Scotland!
* Want travel insurance? Now’s the time to consider purchasing a travel protection plan to protect your trip investment. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click on the logo. You may choose any insurance company you like, bur our preferred partner is Travelex.