An Exceptional Czech Bead Expedition with
October 5-13, 2019
to Prague and the bead region of the Czech Republic
CZECH BEAD TOUR AT A GLANCE:
This designer bespoke tour takes place in the heart of the bead capital of the world! Spending three dreamy days exploring enchanting Prague with our personal English-speaking guide, you will be captivated by the ambiance of one of the world’s true heritage sites including a guided tour of Prague Castle & St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Old Town, iconic Charles Bridge, The Jewish Quarter and a magnificent up-close view as we glide down the Vltava River aboard a riverboat dinner cruise for breathtaking photo ops of Prague.
Leaving behind the bustle of metropolitan Prague, we meander through the picturesque countryside to Hrubý Rohozec Castle – a restored castle dating from the early 14th century with over 30 richly furnished rooms that formerly served as representative and residential rooms of members of the French Count Des Fours Walderode. Returning to this century we arrive in Liberec, where we will spend the next three nights.
Let the glass extravaganza begin! Over the next three days we will visit the School of Glass, Museum of Jewelry and Glass, bead factories and warehouses, a glass factory, and a Christmas ornament factory where you can take up-close shots of the manufacturing process, all escorted by Jon Kubricht, bead importer and owner of DaBeads. And best of all, you will have the chance to shop directly with Jon’s exclusive vendors – at a fraction of what you would spend at home!
We will wrap up our adventure together on a mountain top high where we hitch a ride on the funicular (cable-car) to Jested Tower (watch video) built on top of Jested mountain by the Soviets as a combination retreat for the elite and telecommunications tower. On a clear day you can see the breathtaking panorama of three countries- Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic. Descending from the clouds we will enjoy a farewell dinner celebration of traditional Czech fare at a local favorite restaurant before heading to our airport hotel in the evening.
Not a beader? No problem. We encourage you to bring a traveling companion. We include bead classes in the prices, so all non-beaders receive a discounted rate. Optional suggested evening activities including the Prague Opera or Ballet, Black Light Theater, Marionettes, jazz clubs or casinos are among your many options.
REGISTRATION, GROUP AIR & DISCOUNTS
Land Only Tour Cost: $1899 per person double occupancy; $400 single supplement. Extension $889 per person double; $145 single supplement (scroll down for details).
- $50 Early Bird Discount – When you register by May 15, 2019.
- $150 Non-Beader Discount – Not taking Cheryl’s classes? We’ll deduct the kit and class fee.
- $300 fully refundable* deposit reserves your spot. *(Deposit is refundable until June 15, 2019)
- $185 room upgrade – larger room at Ibis and Clarion.
Group Air: $895 for either option:
- Regular Trip Only: Delta Non-stop from JFK to Prague. Departs 9:36 pm Oct 5. Arrives 11:55 am Oct 6. Return: Oct 13 1:40 pm. Arriving JFK 4:50pm
- Extension Trip: Same Delta Non-stop departure. Return from Vienna departing 1:25 pm with layover in Paris. Arriving 7:20 pm JKK
Booking Group Air reserves your spot on either option. You can tell us which option any time up to 120 days in advance. (Group air is optional. You are welcome to book your own air from anywhere in the world. Group air must have a minimum of 10 guests. If less than 10 guests reserve spaces, group air will be cancelled and other air arrangements will occur.)
- $400 reserves your space on Group Air. (Please note: $150 of group air payment is non-refundable.)
- (Note: 3.5% fee applies to all credit card & electronic payments.)
- To pay by check mail to:
P.O. Box 1255
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Non-Group Air Guests
- You may book your own air from anywhere in the world. You should choose a flight that arrives on the morning of Oct 6 or earlier. (We have additional nights booked at our hotel for early arriving guests.) Once your air is booked, please send us your airline, flight number and arrival time so we can arrange for your airport transfer.
- Want help booking your air? A member of our staff would be happy to research and book a flight for you. We carefully research travel times, departure and arrival times, best rates and trusted airlines to give you a custom choice that suits your preferred level of travel. Fee – $100 per person for international flight.
Our Hotels. Accommodations are provide at these three hotels:
- Prague (3 nights) – Ibis Old Town. Simple functional rooms just 2 blocks walk
from the center of Old Town and the Astronomical clock.
- Liberec (3 nights)- Clarion Grand Hotel Zlaty Lev Liberec. Luxurious, old-world styling and charm with modern, functional rooms
- Airport (last night) – Courtyard by Marriott Prague Airport. Upscale and attached to the airport.
This Tour will include:
7 nights at quality 3 & 4 star hotels in the Czech Republic. (3 in Prague, 3 in Liberec, 1 at Prague Airport)
- 14 meals: 8 full breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Luxury Motor Coach transportation
- Touring in each town we visit with English speaking guide
- Admission to all sites noted in the itinerary
- 2 Bead Classes with Cheryl – a short class and a more involved project – Pictures Coming Soon
- BEADS! Wholesale bead shopping directly with the manufacturers – a Creative Adventures Exclusive! No other tour company provides this kind of access, because no other tour company has it. These are not clearance or closeout beads. This is direct access to current beads from the manufacturers because of an exclusive agreement Creative Adventures has with them, saving you 50-60%! Just ask Cheryl how amazing it was!
- Creative Adventures Tour Escort – one of the company owners will be traveling with you on your trip to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Places & things you will see & do:
- Vltava River Dinner Cruise
- Stroll across the iconic Charles Bridge
- 9th century Prague Castle & St. Vitus Cathedral walking tour
- Prague Astronomical Clock
- Petrin Lookout Tower – “The Eiffel Tower” of Prague
- The Jewish Quarter
- Guided tour of Hruby Rohozec Castle
Jested Tower on the funicular
- Bead Factory tours
- Christmas Ornament Factory
- Glass blowing demonstrations
- Glass factory tour
- Museum of Glass and Jewelry
Tentative Daily Agenda (While the features of your tour will not change, the arrangement of them could. We reserve the right to move things around in order to accommodate necessary scheduling with exhibits and vendors.)
Sat, Oct 5: Fly to Prague overnight. (You may choose to fly earlier.)
Sun, Oct 6: Arrive at Prague airport. Choice of self-transfer or arranged transfer to hotel. After check-in and lunch on your own, you will enjoy a Meet & Greet with a light aperitif before heading out to check out Prague. Our first adventure will involve a 1.5 hour walking adventure in Old Town Square where we will watch the Astronomical Clock chime in the hour as it has for centuries. After some free time to shop, you will have the choice of walking back to the hotel with us, or staying in the area for more exploring on your own. In the evening we catch the shuttle to dinner on our Vltava Riverboat Cruise where we can mingle, learn how to drink Czech liquor. (D)
Mon, Oct 7: Enjoy your included breakfast at the hotel, then we depart for a panoramic bus tour of Prague. We will leave the bus to walk the grounds of Prague Castle and St. Vitus Cathedral. (Approx 1.5-2 hrs walking) Just below the castle we will enjoy lunch at Villa Richter Winery with a breathtaking view of Prague from above. From there you can choose to take the provided bus back to the hotel or walk with Jon through the picturesque Vojanovy Sady gardens, home to the beautiful white peacocks. We return to the hotel with a couple of hours to have dinner at any of the myriad of restaurants near our hotel. For beaders you will enjoy your first class with Cheryl tonight. For everyone else the evening is free to relax or take advantage of some of Prague’s nightlife activities including the Prague Opera or Ballet, or the Prague Marionette Theater, or Black Light Theater. (Click the links for an up-to-date listing of shows in Oct 2019). (B, L) Check out these videos! Black Light Theater Video, Marionette Theater Video
Tue, Oct 8: Breakfast at the hotel. We will begin the day with a walking tour of the Jewish Quarter where you will learn the history of the Holocaust in the Czech Republic and see 4 beautiful synagogues including Pinkas Synagogue where the names of over 77,000 souls lost in the Holocaust from Bohemia and Moravia are inscribed. That afternoon is free for you to just relax, spend time shopping or choose from 2 optional excursions on your own: Terezin, the children’s concentration camp, or Pilsen Brewery. (Check out this Video) (B)
Wed, Oct 9: Breakfast at hotel. Before we leave Prague, we’ll enjoy one more morning exploring on our walk to the Charles Bridge (Check out this video). There will have time to explore the shopping, views of the city and even to up inside the tower if you would like. (1.5- 2 hours walking.) Grabbing lunch to go on the way back to the hotel, we board the bus and wave goodbye to Prague, and head for our guided tour of Sychrov Castle. Late afternoon we check into our hotel in Liberec where you can enjoy dinner at our hotel or any of several local restaurants. (B)
Thu – Sat, Oct 10-12: Breakfast each day at hotel. (These mornings will begin a little earlier in order to ensure that we can see production at the factories before they leave for lunch.) Over the next 3 days we will tour glass bead factories, glass factories, a Christmas Ornament factory, the Glass Museum, the School of Glass, and watch a glass blowing demonstration all in the Jablonec nad Nisou region with time to shop at each one. You will also enjoy shopping in 2 wholesale bead warehouses and several smaller bead and glass shops. Saturday, after a trip up to Jested Tower, we will enjoy a farewell dinner of traditional Czech food. Those that are not going on extension will head back to Prague to check into our airport hotel. Those that are continuing their adventure on our extension will head for Moravia. (3B, 2L, D)
Sun, Oct 13: (Non-extension guests only. For extension see below.) Breakfast at hotel. Our airport hotel is connected to the hotel by a covered walkway and easily within walking distance, in order to provide you the convenience of departing when you wish. We recommend 3 hrs before flight time for international flights. Šťastnou cestu! (Good travels!) If you are traveling on with us, read on below. (B)
DEPOSITS, PAYMENT SCHEDULE & REFUNDS
- A $300 per person deposit reserves your space.
- All land payments are fully refundable until June 15, 2019*.
- Feb 15, 2019 – Second land payment of $600 due
- Aug 1, 2019 – Final land payment due. You may send payments any time toward your tour, as long as the final balance is paid by Aug 1, 2019. *(We recommend travel insurance. See Travelex link below.)
- $400 minimum deposit.
- Final air payment June 15, 2019. Group Air payments are refundable except for $150 until June 15, 2019 at which time all air payments become non-refundable.*
Please use our on-line registration & payment form. (If you prefer to pay by check, you may still fill out the form on-line and indicate that you are mailing the check.)
New for this tour!
3 Day Extension to the Moravian Wine Region
and Vienna, Austria!
$889 per person Double; $145 Single Supplement
Castles, Cathedrals, wine and schnitzel – what’s not to love?!
Your Extension Will Include (* indicated included admission) :
- *Lednice Castle – former summer palace of Liechtenstein royalty
- *Baroque Chapel & Theater at Valtice Castle – former winter palace
- Wine tasting in Mikulov wine region
- Panoramic tour of Vienna
- English speaking guided walking tour of sites in Vienna including:
- *St. Stephen’s Cathedral & Tower
- *Schoenbrunn Palace
- *Imperial Treaury – home of the Austrian Crown Jewels
- Vienna Opera House
- Hofburg Palace and grounds
- All breakfasts
- Optional dinner at famous schnitzel restaurant
Tentative Daily Agenda
Sun, Oct 13: Breakfast at the hotel and then a short drive to Lednice Castle where you will enjoy a 50 minute English guided tour of the summer palace interior and learn the history of the Liechtensteins and how they lost their holdings in the Czech Republic. Then you will have 60-90 minutes to explore the expansive grounds and greenhouse at your leisure. Lunch on your own at a local restaurant featuring dishes of the region and then on to the winter palace – Valtice to experience the spectacular trompe l’oeil painting that rivals the Sistine Chapel for color and vivacity, and backstage of the renovated fully operational 18th century theater. After being dropped off in the charming little town of Mikulov to explore and have dinner on your own, you’ll return to our hotel for a wine-tasting with a local sommelier. (B)
Mon, Oct 14: After breakfast at the hotel, we leave the country and head one hour south to Vienna, Austria. After a panoramic drive around Vienna, we will be met by our English guide Ilse who will escort us on a little walking tour from the Opera House to St. Stephen’s where you will enter the cathedral and ride the elevator to the top of one of the towers. From there onto Hofburg Palace where you can explore the beautiful grounds, then entrance to the Imperial treasury. Lunch will be on your own in an area with several restaurants to choose from. When the tour is complete our bus will take us to our downtown hotel – Ruby Lissi – to check in and then you are free to shop, dine and take in more sights at your leisure and maybe take in the Opera or show. (B)
Tue, Oct 15: Breakfast then Ilse will join us again as we drive to the Belvedere Palace to walk the gardens enjoy the view of the city. Then back on the bus, drive to Schönbrunn where Ilse will guide us through 15 rooms of the Palace and walk around the most lovely part of the park. Then back on the bus and back to town or hotel where you are free at your leisure. We finish the day with an optional group dinner at the famous Glacis Beisl schnitzel restaurant. (B)
Wed, Oct 16: After breakfast at the hotel, our adventure comes to an end at the Vienna airport where our group air guests will depart for home at 1:25. Auf Wiedersehen für jetzt! (Goodbye for now) (B)
$100 Deposit reserves your space on the extension. *(Deposit is refundable until June 15, 2019.) Balance is due by Aug 1, 2019.
Don’t Wait! Bus & hotel space is limited.
Since deposit is refundable until June 2019*, you have nothing to loose.
Enchanting Prague and beady dreams await you!
Disclaimers, Legal Notices, Passports & Other Important things to know before you travel!
Notes about Walking and Accommodations:
- There will be a great deal of walking on this tour and almost all of the streets and sidewalks are cobblestone. Tour buses often do not have immediate access to hotels and venues, so a walk of up to 2 blocks with your luggage could occur. Additionally, the buildings in the Czech Republic are centuries old and there are no “accessibility” laws there. Most buildings we tour will have stairs only, no elevators, and sometimes no handrails. Stability devices are encouraged if you need them. In addition to recommending comfortable shoes, we do not recommend this tour for anyone with mobility issues. If you are unsure if this is for you, please call us to discuss your options.
- Beds in Europe are different than in the US. They are often two single beds moved together to form a double or pulled apart for a twin room. They often only have a comforter & a lower sheet.
- Though all of our hotels have air conditioning, not all hotels have it on during cooler months. You may have to open a window. That’s Europe!
Passports – Important Notice regarding travel in the Schengen Area of Europe: (Includes Czech Republic) Entry into any of the 26 European countries in the Schengen area for short-term tourism, a business trip, or in transit to a non-Schengen destination, requires that your passport be valid for at least three months beyond your intended date of departure. If your passport does not meet the Schengen requirements, you may be refused boarding by the airline at your point of origin or while transferring planes. You could also be denied entry when you arrive in the Schengen area. For this reason, your passport must have at least six months validity from return date remaining whenever you travel abroad.
IMPERATIVE! The name given to Creative Adventures for air travel match your passport exactly.
* Want travel insurance? Now’s the time to consider purchasing a travel protection plan to protect your trip investment. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click on the logo. You may choose any insurance company you like, bur our preferred partner is Travelex.