Let Jon lead you on the bead shopping adventure of a lifetime!
A Czech Bead Bead Buying Extravaganza & Prague!
October 6-14, 2018
You will spend three dreamy days exploring enchanting Prague with our personal English-speaking guide and be captivated by the ambiance of one of the world’s true heritage sites. Your guided tour includes Prague Castle & St. Vitus Cathedral, Old Town Prague and the Jewish Quarter, the iconic Charles Bridge and a magnificent up-close view as we glide down the Vltava River aboard a riverboat dinner cruise for breathtaking photo ops of Prague, with live music and a taste of Czech spirits.
Leaving behind the bustle of metropolitan Prague, we meander through the picturesque countryside to Syhrov Castle – the Czech Republic’s very own Downton Abbey and home of the French aristocratic Rohan family from the time of the French Revolution until the mid-twentieth century. We then depart for Liberec, where we will spend the next three nights.
Let the glass extravaganza begin! Over the next three days we will visit the School of Glass, Glass Museum, a Christmas Ornament display room, and bead & glass factories where you can take up-close photos and videos of the manufacturing process, all escorted by Jon Kubricht, bead importer and owner of DaBeads. And best of all, you will have the chance to shop directly with Jon’s exclusive vendors – at a fraction of what you would spend at home!
We will wrap up our adventure together on a mountain top high where we hitch a ride on the funicular (cable-car) to Jested Tower built on top of Jested mountain by the Soviets as a combination retreat for the elite and telecommunications tower. On a clear day you can see the breathtaking panorama of three countries- Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic. Descending from the clouds we will enjoy a farewell dinner celebration of traditional Czech fare at a local favorite restaurant before heading to our airport hotel in the evening.
Not a beader? No problem. We encourage you to bring a traveling companion. Optional suggested evening activities including the Prague Opera or Ballet, Black Light Theater, Marionettes, jazz clubs or casinos are among your many options.
Land Only Tour Cost: $1699 per person double occupancy; $2099 single occupancy.
- $50 Early Bird Discount – When you register by June 15, 2018.
- $300 fully refundable* deposit reserves your spot. *(Deposit is refundable until June 15, 2018
- $185 room upgrade – larger room at Ibis and Clarion.
Group Air: $999 per person Non-stop from JFK to Prague on Delta/KLM! (Group air is optional. You are welcome to book your own air from anywhere in the world.)
- $400 reserves your space on Group Air. (Please note: $150 of group air payment is non-refundable.)
- To pay by credit card click here. (Note: 3.5% fee applies to all credit card payments.)
- To pay by check mail to:
P.O. Box 1255
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Non-Group Air Guests
- You may book your own air from anywhere in the world. You should choose a flight that arrives on the morning of Oct 7 or earlier. (We have additional nights booked at our hotel for early arriving guests.) Once your air is booked, please send us your airline, flight number and arrival time so we can arrange for your airport transfer.
- Want help booking your air? A member of our staff would be happy to research and book a flight for you. We carefully research travel times, departure and arrival times, best rates and trusted airlines to give you a custom choice that suits your preferred level of travel. Fee – $100 per person for international flight.
Our Hotels. Accommodations are provide at these three hotels:
- Prague (3 nights) – Ibis Old Town. Simple functional rooms just 2 blocks walk
from the center of Old Town and the Astronomical clock.
- Liberec (3 nights)- Clarion Grand Hotel Zlaty Lev Liberec. Luxurious, hip, modern, uptown boutique hotel with a flare for the dramatic.
- Airport (last night) – Courtyard by Marriott Prague Airport. Upscale and attached to the airport.
Your Deluxe Tour includes:
- 7 nights at first class hotels in the Czech Republic. (3 in Prague, 3 in Liberec, 1 at Prague Airport)
- 14 meals: 8 full breakfasts, 3 lunches and 2 dinners
- Luxury Motor Coach transportation
- Touring in each town we visit with English speaking guide
- Admission to all sites noted in the itinerary
- BEADS! Wholesale bead shopping directly with the manufacturers – a Creative Adventures Exclusive! No other tour company provides this kind of access, because no other tour company has it. These are not clearance or closeout beads. This is direct access to current beads from the manufacturers because of an exclusive agreement Creative Adventures has with them. Buying direct from the manufacturer you save 50-90% off of retail prices because you didn’t have to pay for: vendor mark-up, over-seas shipping, US packing & shipping to store, retail mark-up, etc. That’s a lot of savings!
- Creative Adventures Tour Escort – Jon will be traveling with you on your trip to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Places & things you will see & do:
- Vltava River Dinner Cruise
- Stroll across the iconic Charles Bridge
- 9th century Prague Castle & St. Vitus Cathedral walking tour
- Prague Astronomical Clock
- Petrin Lookout Tower – “The Eiffel Tower” of Prague.
- Guided tour of Sychrov Castle
- Jested Tower on the funicular
- Bead Factory tours
- Christmas Ornament Factory
- Glass blowing demonstrations
- Glass factory tour
- Museum of Glass and Jewelry
- Jablonec School of Glass
Tentative Daily Agenda (While the features of your tour will not change, the arrangement of them could. We reserve the right to move things around in order to accommodate necessary scheduling with exhibits and vendors.)
Sat, Oct 6: Fly to Prague overnight. (You may choose to fly earlier.)
Sun, Oct 7: Arrive at Prague airport. Choice of self-transfer or arranged transfer to hotel. After check-in and lunch on your own, you will enjoy a Meet & Greet with a light aperitif before heading out to check out Prague. Our first adventure will involve a 1.5 hour walking adventure in Old Town Square where we will watch the Astronomical Clock chime in the hour as it has for centuries. After some free time to shop, you will have the choice of walking back to the hotel with us, or staying in the area for more exploring on your own. In the evening we catch the shuttle to dinner on our Vltava Riverboat Cruise where we can mingle, learn how to drink Czech liquor. (D)
Mon, Oct 8: Enjoy your included breakfast at the hotel, then we depart for a panoramic bus tour of Prague. We will leave the bus to walk the grounds of Prague Castle and St. Vitus Cathedral. (Approx 1.5-2 hrs walking) Just below the castle we will enjoy lunch at Villa Richter Winery with a breathtaking view of Prague from above. From there you can choose to take the provided bus back to the hotel or walk with Jon through the picturesque Vojanovy Sady gardens, home to the beautiful white peacocks. We return to the hotel with a couple of hours to have dinner at any of the myriad of restaurants near our hotel. The evening is free to relax or take advantage of some of Prague’s nightlife activities including the Prague Opera or Ballet, or the Prague Marionette Theater, or Black Light Theater. (Click the links for an up-to-date listing of shows in April 2018). (B, L)
Tue, Oct 9: Breakfast at the hotel. We will begin the day with a walking tour of the Jewish Quarter where you will learn the history of the Holocaust in the Czech Republic and see 4 beautiful synagogues including Pinkas Syangogue where the names of over 77,000 souls lost in the Holocaust from Bohemia and Moravia are inscribed. That afternoon is free for you to just relax, spend time shopping or choose from 2 optional excursions on your own: Terezin, the children’s concentration camp, or Pilsen Brewery. (B)
Wed, Oct 10: Breakfast at hotel. Before we leave Prague, we’ll enjoy one more morning exploring on our walk to the Charles Bridge. There will have time to explore the shopping, views of the city and even to up inside the tower if you would like. (1.5- 2 hours walking.) Grabbing lunch to go on the way back to the hotel, we board the bus and wave goodbye to Prague, and head for our guided tour of Sychrov Castle. Late afternoon we check into our hotel in Liberec where you can enjoy dinner at our hotel or any of several local restaurants. (B)
Thu – Sat, Oct 11-13: Breakfast each day at hotel. (These mornings will begin a little earlier in order to ensure that we can see production at the factories before they leave for lunch.) Over the next 3 days we will tour glass bead factories, glass factories, a Christmas Ornament factory, the Glass Museum, the School of Glass, and watch a glass blowing demonstration all in the Jablonec nad Nisou region with time to shop at each one. You will also enjoy shopping in 2 wholesale bead warehouses and several smaller bead and glass shops. Saturday, after a trip up to Jested Tower, we will enjoy a farewell dinner of traditional Czech food before heading back to Prague to check into our airport hotel. (3B, 2L, D)
Sun, Oct 14: Breakfast at hotel. Our airport hotel is adjacent to the hotel and easily within walking distance, in order to provide you the convenience of departing when you wish. We recommend 3 hrs before flight time for international flights. Šťastnou cestu! (Good travels!) (B)
Notes about Walking and Accommodations:
- There will be a great deal of walking on this tour and almost all of the streets and sidewalks are cobblestone. Tour buses often do not have immediate access to hotels and venues, so a walk of up to 2 blocks with your luggage could occur. Additionally, the buildings in the Czech Republic are centuries old and there are no “accessibility” laws there. Most buildings we tour will have stairs only, no elevators, and sometimes no handrails. Stability devices are encouraged if you need them. In addition to recommending comfortable shoes, we do not recommend this tour for anyone with mobility issues. If you are unsure if this is for you, please call us to discuss your options.
- Beds in Europe are different than in the US. They are often two single beds moved together to form a double or pulled apart for a twin room. They often only have a comforter & a lower sheet.
- Though all of our hotels have air conditioning, not all hotels have it on during cooler months. You may have to open a window. That’s Europe!
REGISTRATION, DEPOSITS, PAYMENT SCHEDULE & REFUNDS
- A $300 per person deposit reserves your space.
- All land payments are fully refundable until June 15, 2018*.
- June 15, 2017 – Second land payment of $600 due
- June 15, 2018 – Final air payment due.
- Aug 1, 2018 – Final land payment due. You may send payments any time toward your tour, as long as the final balance is paid by Feb 15, 2018. *(We recommend travel insurance. See Travelex link below.)
Group Air: $400 minimum deposit. Balance to be paid no later than June 15, 2018. Group Air payments are refundable except for $150 until June 15, 2018 at which time all air payments become non-refundable.*
Please use our on-line registration form. (If you prefer to pay by check, you may still fill out the form on-line and indicate that you are mailing the check.)
Don’t Wait! Bus & hotel space is limited.
Since deposit is refundable until June 2018*, you have nothing to loose.
Enchanting Prague and beady dreams await you!
Passports – Important Notice regarding travel in the Schengen Area of Europe: (Includes Czech Republic) Entry into any of the 26 European countries in the Schengen area for short-term tourism, a business trip, or in transit to a non-Schengen destination, requires that your passport be valid for at least three months beyond your intended date of departure. If your passport does not meet the Schengen requirements, you may be refused boarding by the airline at your point of origin or while transferring planes. You could also be denied entry when you arrive in the Schengen area. For this reason, your passport must have at least six months validity remaining whenever you travel abroad.
IMPERATIVE! The name given to Creative Adventures for air travel match your passport exactly.
* Want travel insurance? Now’s the time to consider purchasing a travel protection plan to protect your trip investment. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click on the logo. You may choose any insurance company you like, bur our preferred partner is Travelex.
Legal Disclaimer: While Creative Adventures LLC makes every effort to provide on-time service, it does not guarantee its departure and arrival times, which may be delayed by any number of factors, including weather, traffic or road conditions, mechanical problems or any other cause or condition beyond Creative Adventures Tours’ control. Creative Adventures LLC reserves the right to cancel or change any tour, advertised schedule or route without notice. In the case of cancellation by Creative Adventures Tours full refunds will be made, releasing Creative Adventures LLC from any further obligation.
Creative Adventures LLC assumes no liability or responsibility for injury, loss, or damage to persons or property, inconvenience, delay, or expense arising from or caused by weather conditions, acts of God, war, accident, government restrictions or regulations, from an act or omission of any individual, traffic or road conditions, mechanical problems or any other cause or condition beyond Creative Adventures Tours’ control.
Registered guests of any Creative Adventures Tour who book airfare, additional nights, and other arrangements are solely responsible for all arrangements, regardless of tour changes or cancellation of the tour.