A Huge thank you to all our guests who joined on us on this tour! We had a delightful time traveling with you. Let’s do it again!
The Czech Republic April 22-29, 2018
Featuring Prague and the bead region of Jablonec nad Nisou
- Spending a week hanging out with Jill Wiseman!
- Spring in Prague and the bead region of the Czech Republic
- Bead factories, glass blowing demonstrations, glass ornament factories and wholesale bead shopping at up to 90% below retail!
- Premier bead projects with Jill.
Well imagine no more, because Creative Adventures Tours has partnered with Jill to bring you all that and more!
This designer bespoke tour takes place in the heart of the bead capital of the world! Spending three dreamy days exploring enchanting Prague with our personal English-speaking guide, you will be captivated by the ambiance of one of the world’s true heritage sites including a guided tour of Prague Castle & St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Old Town, iconic Charles Bridge and a magnificent up-close view as we glide down the Vltava River at night aboard a riverboat dinner cruise for breathtaking photo ops of Prague.
Leaving behind the bustle of metropolitan Prague, we meander through the picturesque countryside to Kokorin Castle – a restored 14th century fairy tale castle. Returning to this century we arrive in Liberec, where we will spend the next three nights.
Let the glass extravaganza begin! Over the next three days we will visit the School of Glass, Glass Museum, and bead factories where you can take up-close shots of the manufacturing process, all escorted by Jon Kubricht, bead importer and owner of DaBeads. And best of all, you will have the chance to shop directly with Jon’s exclusive vendors – at a fraction of what you would spend at home!
We will wrap up our adventure together on a mountain top high where we hitch a ride on the funicular (cable-car) to Jested Tower built on top of Jested mountain by the Soviets as a combination retreat for the elite and telecommunications tower. On a clear day you can see the breathtaking panorama of three countries- Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic. Descending from the clouds we will enjoy a farewell dinner celebration of traditional Czech fare at a local favorite restaurant in Liberec before heading to our airport hotel in the evening.
Not a beader? No problem. We encourage you to bring a traveling companion. We include bead classes in the prices, so all non-beaders receive a discounted rate. Optional suggested evening activities including the Prague Opera or Ballet, Black Light Theater, Marionettes, jazz clubs or casinos are among your many options.
Your tour includes:
- 6 nights at first class hotels in the Czech Republic. (2 in Prague, 3 in Liberec, 1 at Prague Airport)
- 10 meals: 7 full breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners
- Luxury Motor Coach transportation
- Touring in each town we visit with English speaking guide
- Admission to all sites noted in the itinerary
- 2 Bead Classes with Jill – a short class and a more involved project (photos coming soon). Kits included.
- BEADS! Wholesale bead shopping directly with Jon’s vendors!
- Creative Adventures Tour Escort
Places & things you will see & do:
- Vltava River Dinner Cruise
- Stroll across the iconic Charles Bridge
- 9th century Prague Castle & St. Vitus Cathedral walking tour
- Prague Astronomical Clock
- Petrin Lookout Tower – “The Eiffel Tower” of Prague.
- Guided tour of Kokorin Castle
- Jested Tower on the funicular
- Bead Factory tours
- Glass blowing demonstrations
- Museum of Glass and Jewelry
- Jablonec School of Glass
Your Classes: Jill is offering 2 classes on your trip.
Tentative Daily Agenda (While the features of your tour will not change, the arrangement of them could. We reserve the right to move things around in order to accommodate necessary scheduling with exhibits and vendors.)
Sun, Apr 22: Fly to Prague overnight. (You may choose to fly earlier.)
Mon, Apr 23: Arrive at Prague airport in the a.m. We will provide transportation from airport to hotel. After check-in we will enjoy a Meet & Greet with a light aperitif before heading out to check out Prague. Our first adventure will involve a 1.5 hour walking adventure in Old Town Square where we will watch the Astronomical Clock chime in the hour as it has for centuries. After some free time to shop, you will have the choice of walking back to the hotel with us, or staying in the area for more exploring on your own. At 6:00 we catch the shuttle to dinner on our Vltava Riverboat Cruise where we can mingle, learn how to drink Czech liquor and share our beady creations. (D)
Tue, Apr 24: Enjoy your included breakfast at the hotel, then we depart for a panoramic bus tour of Prague. We will leave the bus to walk the grounds of Prague Castle and St. Vitus Cathedral. (Approx 1.5-2 hrs walking) Just below the castle we will enjoy lunch at Villa Richter Winery with a breathtaking view of Prague from above. We return to the hotel with a couple of hours to have dinner at any of the myriad of restaurants near our hotel. Beaders begin class with Jill at 6:00 tonight. The evening is free for non-beaders. Relax or take advantage of some of Prague’s nightlife activities including the Prague Opera or Ballet, or the Prague Marionette Theater, or Black Light Theater. (Click the links for an up-to-date listing of shows in April 2018). (B, L)
Wed, Apr 25: Breakfast at hotel. Before we leave Prague, we’ll enjoy one more morning exploring on our walk to the Charles Bridge. There will have time to explore the shopping, views of the city and even up inside the tower if you would like. (1.5 hours walking.) After lunch we board the bus and wave goodbye to Prague, and head for our guided tour of Hruby Rohozec Castle. Late afternoon we check into our hotel in Liberec where you can enjoy dinner at our hotel or any of several local restaurants. (B)
Thu – Sat, Apr 26-28: Breakfast each day at hotel. (These mornings will begin a little earlier in order to ensure that we can see production at the factories before they leave for lunch.) Over the next 3 days we will tour glass bead & glass manufacturing factories, the Glass Museum, School of Glass lampwork & figurine demonstration, and Christmas Ornament factory, all in the Jablonec nad Nisou region. There will be several opportunities to shop for beads, glasswork and a special first time shopping surprise we will reveal on the trip! The 26th & 27th Jill will teach the 2nd & 3rd class (note: classes will be one 6-hr class broken into 2 evenings and one 3-hr class). On Saturday after a trip up to Jested Tower, we will enjoy a farewell dinner of traditional Czech food on the 28th before transferring to our airport hotel. (B,D)
Sun, Apr 29: Breakfast at hotel. Our airport hotel is adjacent to the hotel and easily within walking distance, in order to provide you the convenience of departing when you wish. We recommend 3-4 hrs before flight time for international flights. Šťastnou cestu! (Good travels!)
Notes about Walking and Accommodations:
- There will be a great deal of walking on this tour and almost all of the streets are cobblestone. Additionally, the buildings in the Czech Republic are centuries old and there are no “accessibility” laws there. Most buildings we tour will have stairs only, no elevators, and sometimes no handrails. Stability devices are encouraged if you need them. In addition to recommending comfortable shoes, we do not recommend this tour for anyone with mobility issues. If you are unsure if this is for you, please call us to discuss your options.
- Beds in Europe are different than in the US. They are often two single beds moved together to form a double or pulled apart for a twin room. They often only have a comforter & a lower sheet.
- Though all of our hotels have air conditioning, not all hotels have it on during cooler months. You may have to open a window. That’s Europe!
Enchanting Prague and beady dreams await you!
Passports – Important Notice regarding travel in the Schengen Area of Europe: (Includes Czech Republic) Entry into any of the 26 European countries in the Schengen area for short-term tourism, a business trip, or in transit to a non-Schengen destination, requires that your passport be valid for at least three months beyond your intended date of departure. If your passport does not meet the Schengen requirements, you may be refused boarding by the airline at your point of origin or while transferring planes. You could also be denied entry when you arrive in the Schengen area. For this reason, we recommend that your passport have at least six months validity remaining whenever you travel abroad.
IMPERATIVE! The name given to Creative Adventures for air travel match your passport exactly.
* Want travel insurance? Now’s the time to consider purchasing a travel protection plan to protect your trip investment. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click on the logo. You may choose any insurance company you like, bur our preferred partner is Travelex.
Legal Disclaimer: While Creative Adventures LLC makes every effort to provide on-time service, it does not guarantee its departure and arrival times, which may be delayed by any number of factors, including weather, traffic or road conditions, mechanical problems or any other cause or condition beyond Creative Adventures Tours’ control. Creative Adventures LLC reserves the right to cancel or change any tour, advertised schedule or route without notice. In the case of cancellation by Creative Adventures Tours full refunds will be made, releasing Creative Adventures LLC from any further obligation.
Creative Adventures LLC assumes no liability or responsibility for injury, loss, or damage to persons or property, inconvenience, delay, or expense arising from or caused by weather conditions, acts of God, war, accident, government restrictions or regulations, from an act or omission of any individual, traffic or road conditions, mechanical problems or any other cause or condition beyond Creative Adventures Tours’ control.
Registered guests of any Creative Adventures Tour who book airfare, additional nights, and other arrangements are solely responsible for all arrangements, regardless of tour changes or cancellation of the tour.