Join Cathi Remington on an 8 Day/7 Night high energy Mexican silver and bead adventure in Mexico City & Taxco Mexico!
January 12-19, 2019
This tour features something for every taste!
- Aztec pyramids & ruins
- Historical museums & churches
- Natural wonders including caverns and gemstone mines in the mountains of Mexico
- Fine Dining
- Taxco Silver shopping
- Bead classes and time spent with Cathi
Anyone who knows Cathi knows of her legendary energy and joie de vevre. Working together with Cathi, Creative Adventures Tours has created a tour that captures her the essence of her energy and passions! This jam-packed adventure includes:
- 3 days in Mexico City with an English speaking guide where you will enjoy a Meet & Greet and welcome dinner and have the opportunity to explore Museo Frida Kahla – AKA The Blue House, the Trotsky Museum, Chapultepec Castle, the Mexican Cathedral and National Palace, Templo Mayor Aztec ruins, Palasio de Bellas Artes and take 2 classes with Cathi.
- 2 days visiting Mexican national treasures Teotihuacan Aztec Pyramids and Cacahuamilpa Caverns at the National Park with our English speaking guide, and have the option to join Cathi on a zipline adventure.
- 3 days in Taxco shopping in the famous Taxco silver shops for beads, jewelry and treasures and visiting the Taxco Santa Prisca Cathedral and Spratling Silver Museum. You will also take your final class with Cathi and conclude the adventure with a farewell dinner. (For a short video about Taxco – check out the video link to the right of this page – or bottom on your smart phone.)
Not a beader? No problem. We encourage you to bring a traveling companion. We include bead classes in the prices, so all non-beaders receive a discounted rate.
Land Only Tour Cost: $1749* per person double occupancy; $2049 single occupancy. (Price subject to change until new dates are confirmed)
- Non-beader discount – $150. (Discount taken off total tour cost, not off of deposit.)
- *Early Bird Discount – Sign up by September 1, 2018 and save an additional $50 per person.
- $300 fully refundable* deposit reserves your spot. *(Deposit is refundable until Sep 1, 2018.)
Group Air: Estimated $750 – TBD Group air will become available approximately 330 before travel and will be announced at that time. (Group air is optional. You are welcome to book your own air from anywhere in the world.)
- $400 deposit or full amount reserves your space on Group Air. (Please note: $150 of group air payment is non-refundable.)
- To pay by credit card click here. (Note: 3.5% fee applies to all credit card payments.)
- To pay by check mail to:
P.O. Box 1255
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
Non-Group Air Guests
- You may book your own air from anywhere in the world. You should choose a flight that arrives on the morning of or earlier. (We have additional nights booked at our hotel for early arriving guests.) Once your air is booked, please send us your airline, flight number and arrival time so we can arrange for your airport transfer.
- Want help booking your air? A member of our staff would be happy to research and book a flight for you. We carefully research travel times, departure and arrival times, best rates and trusted airlines to give you a custom choice that suits your preferred level of travel. Fee – $100 per person for international flight.
Our Hotels. Accommodations are provide at these two hotels:
Mexico City – NH Reforma Mexico City – A 4-star hotel featuring all the modern amenities including air conditioning, a heated outdoor pool, fitness room and restaurant/bar specializing in international and Mexican cuisine.
Taxco – Posada D La Mision – 116 rooms spread over a beautiful stone path, surrounded by serene natural beauty and set with a mountain backdrop and the best view of downtown Taxco and the Church of Santa Prisca. Lounge at the outdoor pool or in the restaurant/bar.
Your tour includes:
- 7 nights at top rated hotels in Mexico. (3 in Mexico City & 4 in Taxco)
- 9 meals: 7 full breakfasts, and 2 dinners
- Luxury Motor Coach transportation
- Touring in each town we visit with English speaking guide
- Admission to all sites noted in the itinerary
- 2 Bead Classes with Cathi – a short class and a more involved project (photos coming soon). Kits included.
- Silver shopping!
- Creative Adventures Tour Escort
Places & things you will see & do:
- Museo Frida Kahla – AKA The Blue House
- The Trotsky Museum
- Chapultepec Castle
- The Mexican Cathedral
- National Palace
- Templo Mayor Aztec ruins
- Palasio de Bellas Artes
- Teotihuacan Aztec Pyramids
- Cacahuamilpa Caverns at the National Park
- Former Gem & Silver Mine
- Optional mountain zipline adventure
- Taxco Santa Prisca Cathedral
- Spratling Silver Museum.
Tentative Tour Agenda (While the features of your tour will not change, the arrangement of them could. We reserve the right to move things around in order to accommodate necessary scheduling with exhibits and vendors.)
Day 1: Upon exit from baggage claim at the Mexico City Airport you will be greeted by our transfer company and whisked to the hotel. There you will enjoy meeting your fellow guests at an informal Meet & Greet. After settling in, we will go as a group to Casa DeTono for your authentic Mexican welcome dinner. (D)
Day 2: After your included breakfast, we board our luxury motor coach for old Mexico City. There we will visit the Frida Kahla Museum, former home and studio of the revered Mexican painter and her equally famous husband Diego Rivera. Just a short walk away we will also explore the Trotsky Museum and learn of the fascinating life of this former Soviet revolutionary whose life intersects with Kahla & Rivera when he comes to live in the Blue House. Lunch at a restaurant of your choice in the afternoon will be followed by a visit to Chapultepec Castle – the only royal castle in the Americas and home to the National Museum of History. That evening you can choose to dine in or venture out to a restaurant in the area before your 6:00 bead class. Non-beaders have the evening free to explore or relax by the pool or in the hotel bar. (B)
Day 3 – Today after breakfast we focus on Zocalo region of Mexico City. This area includes the Mexico City Cathedral, National Palace, Templo Mayor and Palasio de Bellas Artes. You may choose to follow our guide or explore the locations that interest you most at your own pace. Lunch is on your own in the area and in late afternoon, we will head back via motor coach to our hotel. Class number two will take place at 6:00 pm on this last evening in Mexico City. (B)
Day 4 – Leaving behind Mexico City after breakfast, we head north to UNESCO World Heritage Site – Teotihuacan, one of the most famous of the ancient Aztec pyramids where we will have a guided tour of the site. After lunch we settle in for a relaxing drive through the Mexican countryside arriving at our hotel nestled in the mountains in Taxco in the late afternoon. Later that evening we will walk with those who want to join us for live music on the square and dinner at your choice of restaurants. (B)
Day 5 – Beginning with a visit to the Spratling Silver Museum, to learn more about silver production in the area, we will then walk to the 8 block square area that makes up the heart of the Taxco silver district. Let the silver shopping begin! Grab lunch at the eatery of your choice and keep shopping or walk back to the hotel at your leisure. After dinner, you will enjoy your third bead class. (B)
Day 6 – Cave exploring anyone? Heading into the surrounding mountains, we will arrive at the Cacahuamilpa Caverns and National Park. For those not so inclined to explore the cool climate of this large underground cave system (walking not spelunking) the national park offers the beauty of the natural surroundings for you to explore. After lunch Cathi would like you to join her in one of her favorite activities -a zip line right there at the park. If terra firma is more your speed, then the photo ops of your friends should provide ample entertainment. (B)
Day 7 – After our previous day of adventure, today we slow it back down for a relaxing day of shopping and exploring the Santa Prisca Cathedral and museums in Taxco at your own pace. Or take the day to just relax by the pool sipping your beverage of choice. We will conclude our final night together with a farewell dinner hosted by our hotel owner and staff. (B,D)
Day 8 – Leaving behind lovely Taxco after a leisurely breakfast we head back to Mexico City for our 3:05 pm flight. If you have an earlier flight that necessitates you going back earlier, we can help you with bus or private taxi arrangements. (B)
A note about Walking: As with most tours there will be significant walking on this tour. Additionally, the buildings in the Mexico are centuries old and there are no “accessibility” laws there. Many buildings we tour will have stairs only, no elevators, and sometimes no handrails. Stability devices are encouraged if you need them. In addition to recommending comfortable shoes, we do not recommend this tour for anyone with mobility issues. If you are unsure if this is for you, please call us to discuss your options.
REGISTRATION, DEPOSITS, PAYMENT SCHEDULE & REFUNDS
- A $300 per person deposit reserves your space.
- All land payments are fully refundable until Sep 1, 2018*.
- July 15, 2018 – Second land payment of $600 due
- Sep 1, 2018 – Final air payment due.
- Oct 30, 2018 – Final land payment due. You may send payments any time toward your tour, as long as the final balance is paid by . *(We recommend travel insurance. See Travelex link below.)
Group Air: $400 minimum deposit. Balance to be paid no later than Sep 1, 2018 Group Air payments are refundable except for $150 until Sep 1, 2018 at which time all air payments become non-refundable.*
Please use our on-line registration form. (If you prefer to pay by check, you may still fill out the form on-line and indicate that you are mailing the check.)
Don’t Wait! Bus & hotel space is limited to 1 Bus.
Since deposit is refundable until September 2018*, you have nothing to lose!
Necessary Travel Details and Legal Information:
Passports: It is always recommend that your passport have at least six months validity remaining whenever you travel abroad. IMPERATIVE! The name given to Creative Adventures for air travel must match your passport exactly.
* Want travel insurance? Now’s the time to consider purchasing a travel protection plan to protect your trip investment. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click on the link above. You may choose any insurance company you like, bur our preferred partner is Travelex.