Join Creative Adventures and Jill Wiseman for
The Hong Kong Gem Show & More!
February 27 – March 10, 2019
Including touring in Hong Kong and Guangzhou
This semi-private tour is limited to no more than 14 people!
Selling Out quickly – only 1 space left!
Your Tour will Include:
- 10 nights at 4 star hotels in Hong Kong & Guangzhou
- 14 meals – 10 full breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner
- 2 days at the Hong Kong Gem Show
- Touring at Lantau Island, Tian Tan Buddha Statue & Victoria Peak
- 2 days at Kowloon Gem Shops
- Touring at Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade & Avenue of the Stars
- Hong Kong Heritage Museum
Temple Street Night Market
- 2 Days shopping at the bead, gem, crystal and metal parts market including a visit to the jade market
- Touring at Shamian Island, Canton Tower and Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall
- High Speed Train to and from airport & Guangzhou
- 2 three-hour classes taught by Jill – designs TBA
- Creative Adventures Tour Escort Jon Kubricht
COST and REGISTRATION:
- Early Bird Discount – take $100 off when you register before July 15, 2018.
- Non-Beader Discount – take $80 off if you will not be taking Jill’s classes.
- $600 fully refundable* deposit reserves your spot. *(Deposit is refundable until Sep 15, 2018.)
- 2nd payment of $1000 due July 15, 2018.
- 3rd payment of $1000 due Sep 15, 2018.
- All payments non-refundable after Sep 15, 2018.
- Final payment due Nov 30, 2018.
- Please note: The purchase of a Visa is necessary to enter China – cost $140. See link under “Passports and Visas” at the bottom of this web page.
Group Air is not available for a group this small. You may book your own airfare from anywhere in the world. Want help booking your air? A member of our staff would be happy to research and book a flight for you. We carefully research travel times, departure and arrival times, best rates and trusted airlines to give you a custom choice that suits your preferred level of travel. Fee – $100 per person for international flight.
Our Hotels. Accommodations are provide at these two hotels:
Guanghzhou Holiday Inn Shifu – Holiday Inn Guangzhou Shifu is at the heart of the Shangxiajiu Pedestrian Street, and it’s near Shamian Island, apparel wholesale market, Hualin Temple, Huaisheng Temple, Guangdong Folk Art Museum, Hualin Jade Market.
Wed, Feb 27 – Fly overnight to Hong Kong
Thu, Feb 28 – Arrive. Check-in to hotel. Rest & relax.
Fri, Mar 1 – Hong Kong Bead Show. You will be among the attendees that gather each year for this amazing show that features nearly 2000 exhibitors. Spend the day shopping with Jon & Jill as Jon introduces you to his suppliers. Show ends at 6:30 and the evening is free for you to have dinner, explore the city and relax. (Passport required for admission each day.)
Sat, Mar 2 – Hong Kong Bead Show Day 2
Sun, Mar 3 – Take a break from shopping to go exploring Lantau Island featuring Tian Tan Buddha Statue and Victoria Peak. Located at the mouth of the Pearl River, Lantau Island is largest island in Hong Kong and was famous for the “Giant Buddha” long before Disneyland claimed part of the Island as home. You will take a 25-minute ride on a Ngong Ping 360 from Tung Chung to the Ngong Ping Plateau, an experience which combines a 5.7 km cable car journey with a cultural themed village and easy access to the Tian Tan Buddha Statue. Once you have seen the largest island, you will also visit Hong Kong highest mountain – Victoria Peak. A viewing deck affords millions of visitors each year a breathtaking view of the city and its waterfront.
Mon, Mar 4 – Kowloon Gem Shops. The Kowloon shopping experience gets you out of the convention center and visiting local gem shops, including some of Jon’s vendors. After dinner, enjoy your first class with Jill.
Tue, Mar 5 – Finalize purchases from Kowloon shopping. Then take a walk on Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade & Avenue of the stars, followed by a visit to the Hong Kong Heritage museum. Later in the evening we will enjoy the sights, sounds, smells and vibrant colors of the Temple Street Night Market.
Tue, Mar 6 – Transfer via High Speed Train to Gaungzhou (approx 4 hrs). We will walk the pedestrian street of Shi Fu Lu which was remodeled for the Asian Games in 2007. After dinner, Jill will teach her 2nd class.
Wed, Mar 7 – Shopping at the bead, gem, crystal and metal parts markets.
Thu, Mar 8 – Tour Shamian Island, Canton Tower, and Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall. Today you will have a taste of three worlds of China’s history. Leaving behind the bustling high-rise-filled streets, tiny Shamian Island is a quiet European-styled respite, filled with shops & cafes and old-world charm. You will find it hard to believe you are still in China. But there’s nothing quite like Canton Tower to bring you back to the 21st century. Finally, a visit to Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall built in honor of the founder of modern China.
Fri, Mar 9 – More shopping at the bead, gem, crystal and metal parts markets, as well as a visit to the Jade market. Then we will enjoy our farewell dinner together!
Sat, Mar 10 – Hop on the high-speed train and head for the airport and home!
Passport & Visa: A Visa must be purchased to enter Mainland China (note: no Visa required for Hong Kong – only passport) through the Chinese Consulate (begin here and select the office that covers your state). Cost is $140. Passport must be valid for 6 month past your return date.
* Want travel insurance? Now’s the time to consider purchasing a travel protection plan to protect your trip investment. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click on the logo. You may choose any insurance company you like, but our preferred partner is Travelex.